What is Gateway Reservations?
Gateway Reservations has provided inbound travel services since 1986. Since our modest beginnings in the Church Ski Group business, we have grown to provide both Group and Free Independent Traveler (FIT) year-round travel planning and reservation services to many Southern Rocky locations, including Durango, Silverton, Telluride, Pagosa Springs, and Glenwood Springs in Colorado, and more!
Gateway Reservations works with tourism “suppliers” (i.e. lodging, activity, entertainment, rental services, and transportation providers) to create a single place where guests can find and compare all of their vacation destination options. Guests compare rates, amenities, and availability to find the options that are right for them to create a single travel itinerary. Unlike other large travel wholesalers such as Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, etc., we are the area’s local travel experts and concentrate on assisting incoming visitors within a small region. We live and work in Southwest Colorado and have personal knowledge of the products and services we represent; unlike someone who has never been to the Southwest Rockies, skied in Colorado, rode the historic train, or visited Mesa Verde National Park, etc.
How does it work?
- Suppliers allocate inventory and provide information and rates about their product through our easy online account management system.
- Customers search for availability and receive results based on information and inventory allocated by suppliers.
- Once the customer has selected their first option, our call center agents or the online reservation system will offer additional itinerary items that may be of interest.
- When the customers’ reservation or itinerary is complete, payment is made to Gateway Reservations. Once payment is received, Gateway Reservations provides the customer and all suppliers on the itinerary instant notification of the reservation via email and/or fax .
- Suppliers receive payment for the reservation prior to the guests’ arrival.
What we do:
- Provide an online booking engine and a professional call center service – Our agents are local travel experts and provide potential visitors with information, planning, and booking services – all with real-time rates and availability provided by you, the suppliers.
- We up-sell and cross-sell various vacation options – Gateway Reservations provides customers with multiple options, great discounts, and a single call (or click) to plan and book their vacations. Options include lodging, activity, ground and air transportation, and more. We make packaging easy for the customer and supplier, which allows us to offer a unique and inclusive vacation experience at a savings.
- Real-time comparisons and booking availability – Gateway Reservations delivers new, unique customers to your door by educating potential visitors about your property or activity that may not have known about you otherwise. We commit guests to their vacation destination during their planning stages, increase visitor’s length of stay, and increase the average spending per stay.
What we do for suppliers:
- Incremental Business Growth – we have hundreds of thousands of unique website visitors annually. We have the opportunity to provide you with incremental growth and new customers. Faithful, repeat customers will call you directly. We simply supplement your existing marketing efforts by bringing you new customers to your door, giving you an opportunity to convert this new customer into another loyal, repeat customer.
- Instant reservation notifications – for every reservation made online or through the call center, the supplier receives instant notification via e-mail and/or fax, along with customer information and reservation details.
- You have complete control over your account listing – all policies, deposits, pictures and descriptions are set up by you (with our help if you need it), and we communicate these items to the customer. Through a secure log in, you maintain complete control of your listing from anywhere in the world. Tell us about your product, and we will make every effort to facilitate a sale via our Call Center and Online sales channels.
- Call Center Sales Channel: we have the ability to package options for customers, up-sell and cross-sell their itinerary, and create an inclusive vacation experience based on their needs and budget, while simultaneously providing excellent customer service.
- Online Sales Channel: customers will be able to book your products online, 24/7, directly from the inventory made available through your account, increasing your potential to make sales, even while you sleep.
- Increase your visibility – Our websites rank high in search engines for many tourist-related searches. Let our marketing efforts work for you. As a guest-centric system, we qualify the visitor’s needs, offer additional options and find the right fit to meet their idea of a perfect vacation experience within their budget.
- Only pay when it works – you have nothing to lose and only new customers to gain. You only pay for booked reservations and have for our services when they provide you with measurable results, meaning we only succeed when you do. We selected this model because, unlike other expensive travel sites, we want to become a vested partner in your success.
What Does it Cost?
- Annual listing fee: $50 for activities and $75 for lodging properties. This nominal fee covers account set up, training, and maintenance.
- Commission: 20% (we collect payment from the guest and pay you 14 days prior to arrival). On package reservations (multiple itinerary items), customer receives a 5% discount off the retail price (from our commission). You still net the same amount on package reservations. For example: $100 product, less 20% commission, the supplier nets $80, and the guest pays $95.