Explore Colorado’s spectacular high country and the Glenwood Canyon area with a scenic and informative 4×4 / off-road tour. Seize the day by taking the road less traveled, and see the sights you wouldn’t see from the highway.
NOTE TO AMTRAK PASSENGERS:
Glenwood Canyon 4×4 / Off-Road Tour Vehicles:
You can choose from an adventurous ATV (all terrain vehicle) as a single or double rider. Or, you can explore in a private Jeep that holds up to 6 people.
Glenwood Canyon 4×4 / Off-Road Tour Overview:
- Enjoy a Small Group Experience: Go where private cars and tour operators can’t go
- Panoramic Views: See beautiful vistas from mountain outlooks
- Educational: Learn of history, geology, flora and fauna from one of our Interpretive tour guides
- Take Lots of Pictures: Make this a photo tour with stops at spectacular viewing areas and along swiftly rolling streams
- Historical: See historic cabins, and view over backcountry roads used during the pioneer days
- End with a 4×4 Adventure: Be thrilled in an exciting four-wheel drive.
- Local Tour Guides: Our Interpretive Guides are local experts, with extensive safety-training.
Glenwood Canyon 4×4 / off-road tour at Bair Ranch:
Bair Ranch is located in the Glenwood Canyon. It’s a private 6,000-acre ranch located within and high above the Canyon walls. Bair Ranch is one of the oldest family-owned and operated working ranches in Colorado. You will feel like you’re traveling back in time as you explore this ranch, with views of majestic peaks, the Colorado river, and spectacular Glenwood Canyon. Take in Colorado’s spectacular wildflowers with views of Mount Sopris in the distance. Relax while your knowledgeable guide talks about the surrounding history and geography.
As you climb out of Glenwood Canyon there may be sightings of Colorado’s famous wildlife. Elk, big horn sheep, deer and bear may be seen at any time, so have your camera ready. This open-air tour travels through meadows, open pasture and high alpine areas.
Adventure time is about 2.5 hours with no minimum age or weight requirement. If you prefer a more private experience, as us about a private jeep tour, which holds up to 6 people for $396.
What to bring:
- There is typically room to bring a small cooler
Colorado is a beautiful state! Explore the spectacular high country and the Glenwood Canyon area with a scenic and informative 4×4 / off-road tour, and don’t forget to take pictures!