High School English Teacher, Customer Service Agent, and Administrative Assistant are just some of the job titles I’ve held. However, for the past six years, I’ve been the Lead Reservations Agent for Gateway Reservations and finally found a job I can honestly say, “I love!” Durango, Colorado is my home, and here’s a list of reasons why I love living and working here in this amazing town located in Southwest Colorado.
- …where I live! We are lucky enough to look at breathtaking scenery in every direction! And because we experience four distinct seasons here, the scenery is always changing! So, folks can come any time of the year to experience incredible beauty and seasonable adventures.
- …sharing this place with others! Not a bad way to spend the day! Helping people get here to enjoy all that Durango has to offer is so rewarding, and folks are always surprised at how affordable it is to have an incredible vacation here!
- … our friendly and welcoming Durango community. We feel so lucky to be able to live here and to share this community with visitors. We all recognize how important tourism is to our economy.
- …the 300 days of sunshine every year. Yes, it’s really true! Those Colorado blue skies are a regular year-round occurrence around here. In winter, the snow is beautiful and fluffy, because humidity levels are low. It really doesn’t feel wintry cold, and I rarely wear a heavy coat!
- …that Durango is still a laid-back mountain town–no pretense here. Feel free to come as you are. We locals eat in nice restaurants here (and there are many fabulous options!), wearing jeans and a T-shirt! (and cowboy boots, of course)
- …helping nice, happy customers who are excited about coming to Durango! It’s most rewarding to help them plan their vacations and share all the fun things to do here! People call us from all over the world wanting to come to Colorado, and I am blessed to actually get to live here!
- …my job because we are local experts on the Southwest Colorado area and are serious about providing a high level of customer service. We work here, live here, and play here! We’re available by phone before, during, and after your trip to offer personalized service – What better people to help you plan your trip?
- …the people I work with; they are like my extended family. We work as a team of professionals, helping each other out, and learning from each other every day. And, we have a lot of fun doing it!
- …learning as much as I can about Southwest Colorado. As a local travel consultant, I have the opportunity to experience all the fun things that tourists do – like the historic Durango Train, Mesa Verde National Park, rafting, history tours, horseback riding, zip lining, 4×4 tours, skiing, snowmobiling and more! We’ve done it all, which makes it super easy to describe to others.
- …being in a role that can make a positive difference in enhancing someone’s vacation. I love it when my customers email me after their trip to tell me what a wonderful time they had, and thank me for my help. Getting repeat customers every year is a true honor.