Durango Historic Train & Lodging Package
This popular getaway package offers value and convenience by combining your choice of lodging, ranging from the old west town of Durango to the scenic mountain high country, with round trip tickets on the historic Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Also, enjoy other unique, discounted Durango activities like Mesa Verde National Park, rafting, 4x4 tours, hot air balloon rides, ziplining, and much more.
• Lodging in Durango at your choice of several different lodging properties, ranging from historic downtown to the scenic high country (Please note: train tickets are not included in room rate).
• Round-trip tickets on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
• Entrance into both the Durango and Silverton railroad museums.
• Add extra nights to your trip (in Durango, Silverton, Ouray, or Cortez).
• Add other activities to your trip: river trip, 4×4 tour, horseback ride, doggie daycare, and more!
• Train Upgrades (limited availability): Parlor Car ($94 more pp), Silver Vista Car ($94 more pp), Cinco Animas Car ($114 more pp), Motor Coach/Train combination ($12 more pp coach bus up and $17 more pp coach bus back).
Start with one of Durango’s great lodging options, from Victorian historic elegance to budget oriented value and from hotels to cabins, condos and vacation homes, there is something for every family. Options include the Best Western Rio Grande Inn & Suites, Cascade Village Hotel, Durango Downtown Inn, Iron Horse Inn, General Palmer Hotel, The Strater Hotel, and many more.
The next morning you’ll ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which winds through the spectacular and breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two-million acre San Juan National Forest. You will relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on this 1882 adventure from Durango to Silverton, Colorado. The coal-fired, steam-operated locomotives are maintained in their original 1923-1925 vintage condition. In Durango, take time to enjoy the Railroad Museum, located in the rail yard roundhouse featuring full-size locomotives, maps, photos, artwork, memorabilia, and authentic collectibles. While in Silverton, visit the Freight Yard Museum at the depot to learn about the history of the Rio Grande Railway as a freight line.
You will return to Durango late afternoon to enjoy some leisure time and a fabulous dinner in town.
Note: Train tickets for children under 5 are free if seated on an adult’s lap. If a seat is required, you must purchase a child’s ticket.
Package may not available over the Labor Day Weekend.