Durango Historic Train & Lodging Package
Our most popular package combines a historic train ride on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad with your choice of area lodging. Select from budget friendly to deluxe accommodations in historic Durango or the surrounding area. Optional discounted activities may be included with this package.
• Ticket(s) on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
• One or more nights lodging in Durango at your choice of select properties
• Entrance into both the Durango and Silverton railroad museums
• Mesa Verde – half and full day tours
• Fat Cats & Healthy Hounds – doggie day care
• Henry Strater Theatre – dinner and live shows
• Bar D Chuckwagon – Old West supper & stageshow
• Train Seating: Standard, Deluxe, First Class, Presidential, Motor Coach Bus/Train Combo
Start with one of Durango’s great lodging options, from Victorian historic elegance to budget oriented value and from hotels to cabins, condos and vacation homes, there is something for every family. Options include the Best Western Rio Grande Inn & Suites, Cascade Village Hotel, Durango Downtown Inn, Iron Horse Inn, General Palmer Hotel, The Strater Hotel, and many more.
The next morning you’ll ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which winds through the spectacular and breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two-million acre San Juan National Forest. You will relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on this 1882 adventure from Durango to Silverton, Colorado.
The coal-fired, steam-operated locomotives are maintained in their original 1923-1925 vintage condition. In Durango, take time to enjoy the Railroad Museum, located in the rail yard roundhouse featuring full-size locomotives, maps, photos, artwork, memorabilia, and authentic collectibles. While in Silverton, visit the Freight Yard Museum at the depot to learn about the history of the Rio Grande Railway as a freight line.
You will return to Durango late afternoon to enjoy some leisure time and a fabulous dinner in town.
Note: Train tickets for children under 5 are free if seated on an adult’s lap. If a seat is required, you must purchase a child’s ticket.