Open your eyes to spectacular and rare Western scenery, which can only be viewed from this train’s unique route. Ride in the Victorian elegance of a deluxe parlor car or choose the budget-friendly coach car. Either way, a delicious buffet lunch is included. Trains depart daily from Chama, New Mexico and Antonito, Colorado, from late May through the gold leaves of October. A luxury motor coach chauffeurs you back to your starting point at the end of the ride.
- Cumbres and Toltec Railroad train tickets
- One or more nights lodging in Chama, NM; Pagosa Springs, CO; or Antonito, CO
Choose the location to spend the night before your train ride the next day (Chama, NM; Pagosa Springs, CO; or Antonito, CO) the night before your train ride.
Ride the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad, which departs from either Antonito, Colorado or Chama, New Mexico. Each Train Trip description will reflect where the train departs from.
Save room for a delicious, hot lunch at the Osier, Colorado train stop. This lunch is included with your ticket.
You can spend another night in Chama or Pagosa. Or, if it’s not too late, you can head over to Durango, Colorado for more fun adventures, which is only a one hour drive west of Pagosa Springs.
- Hot air ballooning in Pagosa Springs
What to wear/bring:
- Camera and/or small binoculars (if you have them).
- Sturdy, comfortable shoes
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Bring or dress in layers for cooler mountain temperatures