Mesa Verde National Park Package
Come to Southwest Colorado and enjoy one of the most amazing cultural sites in the world - Mesa Verde National Park. This discounted package combines your lodging with your choice of a half-day, full-day, or private Mesa Verde tour. Stay one or more nights in Durango. Add an optional night and enjoy the convenience of being inside the Park at the Far View Lodge, where your Mesa Verde Tour half-day or begins.
Designated as one of only twenty World Heritage Sites in the U.S., Mesa Verde is home to the largest cliff dwellings of an ancient culture from over 800 years ago – the Ancient Puebloan People (formerly known as Anasazi). The Park offers a spectacular look into the lives of the people, who made it their home for over 700 years, from 600 to 1300 AD. Today the Park protects nearly 5,000 known archaeological sites, including 600 cliff dwellings. These sites are some of the most notable and best preserved in the U.S.
- Guided full-day or half-day tour of Mesa Verde National Park
- Choice of select lodging in either Durango, Cortez, or directly in Mesa Verde National Park at the Far View Lodge.
- Spend your first afternoon and night at your selected location and hotel.
- Mesa Verde Tour Day (select one)
- The all-day, semi-private guided tour leaves from Durango at 8:15AM and includes transportation to the Park, Park entrance fees, a professionally-guided tour, a sack lunch, and guided ranger tour tickets to specific cliff dwellings. You will return to Durango around 4PM.
- The half-day guided bus tour departs from the Far View Lodge inside of Mesa Verde. You must pre-select either the 8AM tour or the 1:30PM tour. You must drive yourself to Mesa Verde (allow 1.50 hours from Durango and 30 mins. from Cortez), and pay Park vehicle entrance fees if doing this tour.
- Spend your second night enjoying dinner on your own and lodging at one of our select lodging partners in either Durango, Cortez, or in Mesa Verde National Park at the Far View Lodge.
- Check out of your hotel and explore on your own.
What to wear and bring:
- Water, snacks, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes, and layers (depending on dates of travel).
Optional Discounted Package Add-ons:
- Add extra night(s) and other discounted activities to your trip’s itinerary at any of our Southwest Colorado vacation destinations.
- Optional activities in Durango: Bar D Chuckwagon Suppers & Show, rafting, horseback riding, 4×4 tours and rentals, zip-lining, Escape Rooms, and massages
- Optional activity near Mesa Verde: horseback rides/tours
Items to Note:
- This package is customizable, and you can rearrange tour dates, etc.
- We offer select lodging at a discount in Durango, Cortez, Silverton, Ouray, Pagosa Springs, Mesa Verde National Park, and Chama, NM (home to the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad)
- You can also combine and break up lodging locations with this package, but will not be able to book the package online if you do. So, please speak with one of our travel consultants for assistance. (Example: spend first night at Mesa Verde, do the tour the next day, then spend 2 nights in Durango).