Train & UTV Rental Adventure Package
Looking for an awesome way to explore the majestic San Juan Mountain scenery and trails surrounding the historic mining town of Silverton, Colorado? Combine a shuttle ride to Silverton, a Polaris RZR UTV rental, and a ride on the historic Durango and Silverton Train back to Durango with this full-day, combo package. UTV rentals are available to rent as soon as the trails are free from snow, generally mid-May through October. Book this popular package now, as train seats fill fast and Polaris RZR UTV rentals are limited.
This adventure begins at 8am in downtown Durango, where you will be transported to Silverton by shuttle. Your Polaris RZR™ UTV rental begins at 10am. You can choose a 2-hr. or 4-hr. rental of a 2-seat or 4-seat side-by-side. So, drive solo or bring your friends and family along. Explore the remnants of a ghost town, observe amazing scenery, waterfalls and wildflowers, and when you return to Silverton, you’ll have time for lunch and poking around the shops (depending on how long your rental period was), before you board the Durango and Silverton Train for your return trip to Durango.
- Shuttle transportation from downtown Durango to Silverton, CO.
- Polaris RZR™ UTV rental: 2-hr. or 4-hr., 2-seat or 4-seat side-by-side
- Time to visit the town of Silverton, Colorado
- One-way ride back to Durango on the historic Durango & Silverton Train
8:00 am Meet at the Durango Rivertrippers and Adventure Tours kiosk, located at 724 Main Ave. in downtown Durango.
8:15 am Transportation shuttle departs from Durango and arrives Silverton around 9:30am
10:00 am Rentals of your Polaris RZR™ UTVs begin. Let us know if you want a 2-hr. or 4-hr. rental, and if you want a 2-seat or 4-seat side-by-side.
12:00 to 2:45pm Available time in Silverton for lunch and poking around the unique Silverton shops (depending on whether you are doing a 2-hr. or 4-hr. rental and the time you are scheduled to board the train for your return trip back to Durango).
1:30 pm First train departs Silverton for Durango available with 2-hour UTV Rental ONLY (runs only May 14 – Oct. 11th)
2:30pm Second train departs Silverton for Durango (runs May 5 – Oct. 27th)
3:00pm Third train departs Silverton for Durango (runs only June 4 – Aug. 9th)
- Add discounted lodging in Durango.
- Upgrade your train seats from standard coach to deluxe or first-class for an additional cost.
- Layover in Silverton for the night and return to Durango by train the following afternoon.
- Add additional activities in Durango.