Train Enthusiasts Package
Take a journey through time with a unique and flexible, one-of-a-kind Train Enthusiasts Package and explore the scenic Old West like they did in the 1880's. Ride aboard two coal-fired steam engine trains. Package includes one or more nights in Durango, with an optional stay in Pagosa Springs, CO and/or Chama, NM, as well as a ride on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad and Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
If starting in Pagosa Springs or Chama, the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad will be your first train ride. Afterward, take the opportunity to soak in the mineral rich healing waters at Overlook Hot Springs in Pagosa Springs. The next day enjoy winding through the majestic San Juan Mountains on the famous Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad to the historic town of Silverton.
- Cumbres & Toltec Railroad Tickets
- Durango & Silverton Railroad Tickets
- Lodging, ranging from budget-friendly to deluxe (you choose the number of nights and locations. Our travel consultants are happy to help you select. You can combine stays in Chama, NM; Pagosa Springs, CO; Durango, CO; or Silverton, CO)
This package can begin with a ride on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad or the Durango & Silverton Train. You choose your starting destination based on what’s more convenient for you. The Cumbres & Toltec train departs from either Antonito, Colorado or Chama, New Mexico. Be sure to discuss these options with our travel consultants.
Arrive your destination the night before your train ride and check into your hotel (Durango, Pagosa Springs, or Chama). Depending on where you are staying, check in is usually between 2pm and 4pm. Enjoy dinner out on the town and a good night’s rest.
Enjoy an early breakfast prior to today’s historic train ride. Please be at the train station at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
If riding the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, be sure to save room for the delicious, hot lunch served at your train stop in Osier, Colorado. Lunch is included with your ticket!
If riding the Durango & Silverton Railroad, enjoy the breathtaking scenery and a 2-hour stop in the historic town of Silverton, Colorado. You’ll have time for a sit-down lunch (on your own) and a little shopping in the quaint stores that line the streets.
Stay the night in your choice of destinations (Chama, NM; Pagosa Springs, CO, or Durango, CO – depending on the location of your train ride)
Drive to your next destination of choice and check into your hotel. Explore the area, and dinner is on your own.
Enjoy your second historic train ride on either the Cumbres & Toltec or the D&SNG Railroad. Choose your night’s stay in Chama, NM; Pagosa Springs, CO; Durango, CO; or Silverton, CO.
- Additional nights’ lodging in your choice of Chama, NM; Pagosa Springs, CO; Durango, CO; or Silverton, CO
- A hot air balloon ride in Pagosa Springs.
- Many outdoor activities, such as a tour of Mesa Verde National Park, rafting, horseback rides, 4×4 tours and rentals, zip-lining, or the Bar D Chuckwagon!
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
- Camera and small binoculars (if you have them)
- Comfortable but sturdy walking shoes
- Dress in layers for all weather conditions, sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen